Hand Tuned 14" Cape May Bell™ Single Tone Steel Harbor Wind Chime
• GROUND SHIPPING INCLUDED IN YOUR PRICE (Lower 48 US States)
• Custom Orders may have extended Production/Delivery times
Click To Listen:
America's rich past is closely tied to the water, and over the centuries, the various ports, harbors and inlets have played critical roles in our country's history. One of the most overlooked, yet important ports of calls is Cape May, New Jersey. First inhabited by indigenous people, early Dutch and British explorers came upon the scent in the mid 1600s. They found the the location perfect for controlling the traffic from the Delaware Bay and the Atlantic Ocean.
Soon, it became a hub for the growing whaling trade, where mariners set out for months at a time to harvest the huge bounty from the sea for its meat and oil, which helped to fuel the industrial revolution. In the waterways around the cape, buoys rang their tones to warn fishermen of dangerous areas, and to guide them into a safe place to unload their catch at the end of a long hunt.
Over time, the whaling industry died out, and the location's magnificent, off-the-beaten-track beaches became a driving force for modern tourism. Today, a plethora of Victorian era buildings makes this picturesque area a huge tourist attraction. The Harbor Buoys still ring in the water, now plied by tour boats and pleasure yachts instead of the rugged whaling ships from centuries past.
As it peals its solitary song of the seas, the sound is sure to bring back pleasant memories of sailing in the Delaware Bay around the Cape and into the Atlantic Ocean, or of visiting the historic and enchanting towns of Cape May, Wildwood or Stone Harbor on a fun summer outing.
Choose your wind sail from the drop down menu. If no choice of a wind sail is made, it will arrive with the black Buoy Windcatcher as the default.
- Handcrafted of recycled steel
- Painted in a semi-flat black finish
- Includes 8" hanging chain
- Your choice of bottom sail (use drop down menu)
- Approx. 5.5"L x 5.5"W x 14"H (without chain or sail)
- Approx. 5.5"L x 5.5"W x 29"H (including hanging chain and bottom sail)
- Uses Medium or Large Wind Catchers
- Approx. 8 lbs.
- Hand Crafted in the Great State of Maine
- 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- American Made. American Proud.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed!
We Also Recommend
Bright Blue Ceramic Solar Power Fountain with Decorative Floral Tiles
18.75" Solar Powered Crackled Glass Garden Gazing Globe with Pedestal
The Buoys of Marblehead Wind Bell™ Three Tone Chiming Pyramid
Zen-inspired Tiered Solar Powered Bird Bath Fountain with Batteries